Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Do You Agree or Disagree?

IF you take a look at at the headline on yahoo a boy was suspended for hugging his Girl friend Because of a NO TOUCHING rule now that is very rediculous in my opinion if you got a second check out the story and give me your opinion Do you Agree or Disagree all OPINION ARE WELCOME negative and positive please Be appropriate in your comments
Answers:
Are you asking whether the policy is fair or is it fair that he was punished for violating the policy? I agree with somebody getting punished for a policy violation if in fact they committed the offense. Also, I agree with the policy, but I think the penalty is rather harsh. I would start with after school detention for first offense, then impose more strict punishment for additional offenses.
I saw that article. I think that particular student got a warning.

I think it's an extreme reaction. However, it relates to a lot of the problems educators face. It's an inner city school that has 1100 students where 800 should be. My school faces similiar problems we have 500 students where 200 should be. There aren't enough bathrooms, seats in the cafeteria, too many desks and not enough room to walk as a teacher, too many people is hard to teach.

We should be focusing on why they needed to adopt such extreme measures rather than simply reprimanding them.
I don't agree, believe me if the boy was hugging another boy
it would be ballyhooed as to how tolerant our society had become.
Didn't read the article, but assume from other comments that it was a school no touching rule, and that the young man had been warned or previously reprimanded. If that's the case, then he ought to have been suspended. The school officials can't be put in a position where they're trying to differentiate one kind of touching from another on a case-by-case basis. It'll lead to people claiming that the school is treating people differently.
The rule is silly, but not as his father asserted unconstitutional. A more reasonable rule would be no harmful or offense touching.
Mala prohibita, eh? But it's too harsh a penalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment