Friday, July 10, 2009

Could I get my summer job back?

I got a summer job, as security at a night club this spring. The night club opened last week-end, and I worked 3 nights last week-end. My boss had me stop working, sunday because he felt that the job was to difficult for me. My first night on the job, I had no clue what to do. The second night on the job, my boss saw improvement in my working skills. The third night was a rough night for a number of the employees, but I had a really rough night. At the end of the third night, my boss had me stop working because he felt that the job was to hard for me. He told me, that I can come back and apply next spring, and try the job again next year.

My brother works their as a bouncer, and that is the reason why I got the job. When my boss had me stop working, the night club was already short employees. There is a chance, they will be even more short employees half way throught the summer. What is my chance, my boss will ask me to come back to the job, this summer?
Answers:
Think about waht happened. Was it because the club did not train you properly, or teach you their policies and procedures ? Or was it because you need more experience? Or is it because you are not really cut out for security or don't like confrontation? (no shame in that).

See if you can get some feedback from you brother about you work. The boss seems to think you need some work/life experience.

Then make a decision about whether to try to get yur job back, look for the same work elsewhere, or to try for a different kind of job - and try to learn from your experience at the club.
Pretty good. Maybe you just weren't ready for that physical type of work.
Why don't you try working as a bar back or server if security is too hard for you, I think if they really liked your work though they would have offered you something else. You just might not be a good fit for their company. You might want to look for something else.
you were just plainly not doing the job. when one is ask to comeback it is in hopes that the person has grown up and become more mature

No comments:

Post a Comment