Friday, July 10, 2009

Could an employer hire you by word of mouth and then not hire you?

Detail!

I went on an interview back in early May. I then did a follow up call and ask Ms. Unknown and check the status of my interview, she said I am going to hire you. She even called her other site, where I was called by them told them that she was hiring me and I didnt need to go on the interview ther. I was called in again to see my office and meet other employees. I was introduce to one other employee that she supervisor. I was given a start date of June 4, 2007, but I have not heard anything from her. I have messages on my cell phone where she called me and said she is working on my job description and will contact me at a later date. Also where she schedule a meeting for me and her to meet with other site employees that she supervised. During the month of May, I decline many possile job offers and interviews because I was under the impression I was hired. I have been calling and I have not reach her .Is this possible for an employer to do this? do I have a lawsuit
Answers:
maybe your job description is by word of mouth only..talk is cheap
She did not put anything in writing, however, by implication she has held you from seeking work. Get an attorney and sue the heck out of her.
I'm fairly certain yes, there is not a written contract, and even after you're hired most employers make you sign a form allowing them 90 days to preview your performance.
yes it wan not in writing

No comments:

Post a Comment