Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Death penalty for pedophiles?

im curious if there is anyone that would oppose a bill to have child molesters excecuted?
assuming, of course, the evidence and/or confession is overwhelming enough.
Answers:
As harsh as it may be, I would have to say that it would be a disgrace not to. Pedophiles are vile, worthless, scum that deserve nothing less than a slow, painful death. The pain they put the loved ones of their victims through, and the emotional scarring or death of their victims is something only punishable by death.
I'm against the death penalty in all cases. However I have no problem with life in prison with no parole.
I don't know about the death penalty, but I'm totally for castration...
All I can say is, anyone touches MY kid and he IS facing execution.
I would not oppose it. I would be very much for it.
You can throw rapists and drug dealers in there too.
YEP..I would go for that...along with serial rapists, every murderer, and just about anyone who has more than say 3 felony convictions for smaller crimes like car theft etc.because those people who have all those convictions are just going to keep going back.and we should just hang them...its cheaper, and you can use the rope over and over again.but thats just me.
I would oppose such a bill not because I have any regard for child molesters. I think they are the bottom of the criminal barrel and a stinky bottom it is too. However I am opposed to the death penalty period.
I think the death penalty is too harsh for that crime...sure, it's dispicable, but I think a long prison sentence is more justified.
I would. I believe that sending them to jail among the general prison population will be much worse than dying. Inmates don't like pedophiles. And, what does around comes around, in jail at least.
Interesting question. I doubt that any elected official would oppose such a bill, I mean who wants to come across as soft on pedophiles?

However I would imagine that to do this, there would have to be various levels of pedofilia to meet a capitol crimes statute. Someone who's looking at a picture would probably not be punished in the same way as someone who takes physical liberties with a minor. At least in my opinion the punishment should be different, although like you, I'm open to other opinions.
Overwhelming confession? Death penalty for sure!

Otherwise, probably not.
It's proven they cannot be rehabilitated, YET society keeps allowing them to mix with the general public and they wait in fear.

Capital punishment would end such crap in an instant. It would be like killing weeds.

The alternative is allow Lorena Bobbit a crack at 'em to sharpen her skills, heh, heh.
/
The 8th Amendment States: "Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted."

This generally means that the punishment must fit the crime. The death penalty is only applied where the convicted has deliberately caused the death of another.

Even this very conservative supreme court would consider death cruel and unusual punishment for an offense that did not result in death.

But there is another problem. Most molesters do not kill their victims. If their molestation crime is punishable by death, then they will just go ahead and kill their victim. Nothing left to lose. Same goes for any other crime short of murder that you think deserves the death penalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment