Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Detention centers.?

ok lets say that you have a "friend" that is in a juvenile detention center until january 2008. does anybody know if they will let your "friend" get letters from people without their parents knowing?
Answers:
For my clients in a juvenile detention center, I have to give permission for anyone to be placed on the visitor, telephone, or mail lists. Unless I say OK, the juvenile can't receive visits, telephone calls, or mail, or send mail and make calls. The detention center staff cannot make the decision.

I usually restrict my permission to parents, guardians, and grandparents, as well as siblings in some situations. I have occasionally allowed aunts and uncles, depending on the relationship between the juvenile and the aunt/uncle.

I would never put a "friend" on the lists.
Why would your friends' parents care. If you were behaving appropriately you shouldn't have anything to worry about. The parenys have the right to know what goes on in their child's life. They are responsible for ensuring that their child is safe and is not doing anything illegal.
No. The parents and the authorities have compiled a list of people you can contact and who can contact you. Forget it.
write them and ask...
I think you have to be on some kind of accepted list.

No comments:

Post a Comment