Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Distinguishing paternity of the father if i was taken advantage of plz i need some help?

at a party i was taken advantage of so their is a possibility my fiance is not the father but i was slipped something in my drink at a party and was taken advantage of so i dont know the guys name if a paternity test is court ordered for my sons birth certificate what will happen when the test results come back stating my fiance is not the father other details he is aware he possibly may not be the father but he would like to be his father either way no matter what the test says will the court accept that? considering the circumstances? and will they try to find the person who took advantage of me considering i dont know his name and because he took advantage of me i dont wish to have him around my son. what happens in a case like this? any help will be greatly appreciated and like i said my fiance is aware he may not be the father but is willing to parent either way
Answers:
DNA testing. You should go to the police on this one and get an attorney. You were raped. You need help beyond FreeLawAnswer.com if this is true and not some kind of sick game.
If the court finds that your fiancee is not the father of the child, nothing further will be done. It is your responsibility to find out who took advantage of you. Someone at that party knows who that person was. I only pray for yours and baby's sake that it belongs to your fiancee
Did you report your rape to the police? If so, they would be interested in the D.N.A results
Yea, that's not called "taken advantage of", it's called rape.
You are in sort of a bind. You can go to the police and they will want to take the child's DNAn and your's and your fiance's for a paternity test. If the test shows that your fiance is in fact the father, then you will file a police report. I would like to tell you that they will go get the guy and prosecute them, but they are very busy and most likely won't take much time on your case.

If the test shows that your child's father is the rapist, then they will probably make more of an effort to find him. Here is the crux. Despite the fact that he is a rapist and an all around bad person, he is still the baby's biological father and may even get visitation/joint custody. Being a rapist in this country does not exclude you from being part of your child's life. Sickening I know, and all those "Pro-woman" anti-abortionists should target those laws if they are really interested in dropping the number of abortions in this country.

Anyway...back to your case...

Although you will get child support, that will not make up for the fact that you will have to have interaction wilth this man for the next 18 years.

Your other option, and this is probably what I would do in a similar situation, is try to put it out of my mind. Is this guy going to come after you? Is he going to ever try to get custody? Does he (the baby) look enough like your husband for it to pass (eg, are they both white, african-american, hispanic, asian, etc) as far as you know? If it is close enough to pass and the guy wasn't going to start looking for me and my fiance wasn't flipped out and was going to treat him like his own either way, I would probably put my fiance's name on the birth certificate, get married (so my name would be different and because being married is such a blast, seriously, it is awesome) and go on with my life. If he isn't the father, good. If he is the father, so what? You are going far far away.

Maybe you'll get lucky and the baby will look like you! Then you really never have to think about it again.

Good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment