Saturday, August 8, 2009

Do I need a lawyer to expunge my records or can I do it myself in the state of Texas?

I have been arrested twice within the last 4 years for DWI. The 1st in 2003, I was found not guilty. The 2nd in 2005, was reduced to reckless driving which of course I pleaded "no contest" to and was given 6 months adjudication. I need to have these records expunge. Do I need a lawyer or can I do it myself?- San Antonio, TX
Answers:
http://www.charges-dropped.com/law/expun...

It seems as if you could get the documents from a court and that you are eligible to have the arrest and conviction expunged. I dont know how quickly you can get it done, and if you are applying for a job it may not be soon enough.

If timing is that critical, I'd suggest getting an attorney or at least talking to one who may know how to expedite the process.
An attorney is your best bet to ensure that you get these expunged in a proper and timely manner. If everything is in order it will cost you between $500-1000. Worth every penny!!
you will need a lawyer
Get a lawyer, the first charge can be expunged, the second cannot.

No comments:

Post a Comment