Saturday, August 8, 2009

Do I have to be a U.S. citizen in order to obtain security clearance?

Do I have to be a U.S. citizen in order to obtain security clearance or does it depend on what type of security clearance?
Answers:
Yes, for every level of clearance I am aware of, you MUST be a US citizen. Are there exceptions? If you qualified for one you wouldn't be asking folks on here. (I am talking about clearance to view/handle sensitive intelligence/data.)
Yes I think that is obvious you have to be a citizen for a tssir so it goes without saying that the rest except confidential you would have to
I would say that you do not have to be a citizen to receive many types of clearances, however there will be some types of clearances that most likely require you to be one.. There are many people working in this country at high risk areas that have clearance to sensitive information and are not citizens. We even have people in our military that are not citizens and they are fighting overseas.

No comments:

Post a Comment