Saturday, August 8, 2009

Do I have to attend a work meeting when I should be at physio?

I have been off work for 6 weeks with a back problem and returned to work yesterday,I have an appointment on Monday for Physio which I really need.I have been told there is a staff meeting on Monday and I have to cancel the Physio but Im not happy to do that it takes long enough to get sorted without cancelling it.Am I in my rights to say I will be going to my appointment and not the meeting,what are the employment laws with this
Answers:
your work can not make you cancel the appointment, contact acas they will be able to tell you, stand your ground, all the best


www.acas.co.uk
Your work have a duty to let you attend any drs appointments. If you are in the uk look up your rights on the net.
I think you are entitled to go, you can get minutes of the meeting. And it generally depends on how nice the company/your boss is
in at will employment, you employer doesn't have to do anything beside pay you for work performed. This means that there is no duty on the employer to accommodate your doctors appointments.
doesn't matter what the laws are , if they want you fired they will find a way . I would cancel and go to the meeting and give them a detailed list of all your physio appointments for the future

No comments:

Post a Comment