Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Do Employers have the right?

Do Employers have the right to change the pay-day without notice? I was wondering because yesterday was my pay-day, yet when i went to pick up my check, I was told that We weren't getting paid til Mondays now. . . . . . . . Here's the thing, the paychecks are in the safe at work. The manager and assistant manager got their paychecks and have cashed them, yet the rest of us can't get ours til Monday. . . . Is there anything i can do about this? This is BULL CRAP!
Answers:
I think it is courteous to notify employees of a change in pay day, but I don't recall a law stating that one must do it. But I would find out about the check thing - if the management is supposed to receive their checks the same time you do, and they are taking advantage of the situation and getting them early, then I don't think your corporate knows of the situation.

I would contact your corporate office and inform them of the situation, and then I would find out about the change in the date of pay. If they are unaware of the management taking their pay early, they will be taken care of. Most companies will fire anyone that takes their checks early before they are supposed to be released.
I would call your state's Labor Board. This dosen't sound kosher to me.
They have the right. However they have do have an obligation , probably legal, to give reasonable notice to you before changing policy.
It doesn't sound right to me either. i would call and check it out.
Good luck.This really sucks doesn't it.
It would be courteous if they informed you of the change. Most people rely on getting their pay on a set day, and plan around it.
The bigger question is, why would anybody buy from Rent-A-Center? You do know they are the biggest rip offs in the world, right? You are paying at least four times the regular price for that stuff.
The correct answer is yes, they can change the pay date. The way they would get in legal trouble is if they didn't pay you for work performed.

Have you written to the main office in Broken Arrow? Are you sure this is company policy?

By the way, get out of Ft. Smith and move to Van Buren...it's a much nicer city.

No comments:

Post a Comment