Saturday, August 8, 2009

Do I need to pay If I want to file a case in US?

If I want to file a case against some one who cheated me and I am not in USA I live in another country so how can I file a case and whether I have to pay for it or I can file directly
Answers:
Varies depending on what you are filing. A criminal case costs nothing to file; call the district atty or the police in the county where the person lives. CIvil case varies from state to state; need to call clerk of court to see if and what the filing fees are.
You can file a case from almost anywhere although there is
a fee to file...the only exception is criminal..you call the
D.A.s office in the state the other party lives in....keep in
mind that the other party can countersue, and remember also
that you must appear in person when the case is on the docket.

No comments:

Post a Comment