Saturday, August 8, 2009

Do I have to file a legal change of name form to add an accent mark to my first name?

I want to add an 猫 in place of an "e" in my first name; do I have to legally change my name to do that, or can I just do it? Specifically I was wondering if I could put that on my checks, job applications, credit card, and other "official" papers, or if that would be misrepresenting my name? Please cite your sources as I don't want to go to jail over misinformation from FreeLawAnswer.com =).
Answers:
I changed my name with out any problems. Growing up people had such a hard time spelling it so I adjusted it some. My parents lawyer told me that if I changed it and DID not use it for any criminal activity its legally ok to make any changes. I went to the DMV and changed it - No q's ask. When I lost my S.S card I told them what it should be and no Problems either. Its your preference and your name.
MONEY
Live with who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment