Saturday, August 8, 2009

Do I need a job permit (full description)?

I'm 15, and Californian. I've already got a job, and my boss is something of a family friend; I've known her for several years now, because my sister used to work for her. Is a work permit necessary? If it's relevant at all, I'll be paid in cash.
Answers:
Yes... however you can get away without one... especially if it is a family friend paying you cash.

You can look at this article for more info...

http://www.hsc.org/chaos/teens/work_perm...

"Anyone younger than 18 who has not graduated from high school is required by California laws to obtain a work permit upon employment. These laws are very poorly enforced, and your kid may get a job and find that his employer does not ask him to get a work permit. On the other hand, it may be necessary to get one."

Legally you are supposed to get one... but like I said... a friend of the family probably won't ask you for one. You will definately need to get one if it is for a school class.
your mom is gay

No comments:

Post a Comment